Building & Zoning

Wade Watson
Wade Watson, Building Commissioner 

The office of the Building & Zoning Department regulates and enforces the town's zoning ordinances.  The Building Commissioner is responsible for the issuance of permits for all types of construction or remodeling projects.  Other responsibilities of the Building Commissioner include taking care of requests for rezoning and zoning appeals, compliance with zoning use, improvement of unsafe housing, weed control and removal of junk cars.
Building Commissioner Responsibilities
To apply for a variance please refer to the Zoning Board of Appeals Zoning Board of Appeals Application Packet.
To petition the Planning Commission please refer to the Planning Commission Application Packet.
To apply for a Construction Permit, refer to the Construction Storm Water Ordinance and Standards and Post-Construction Storm Water Ordinances. Edinburgh requires erosion and sediment control measures to be installed for construction projects greater than one acre in size.  Learn more about sedimentation here or review the Storm Water Control Implementing Construction Site Best Management Practices for contractors
Public Hearing Flyer

The Zoning Map and Zoning Ordinances are available online.